Nov 4, 2014

THE WALLED CITY's release day!

The day has finally come: THE WALLED CITY is out in the world!!!!

The emotional journey to this book has been, well, pretty much a roller coaster. I started writing it in October 2011. It was the book that pushed me into new depths as a writer. It is the book of my heart. (If you want to know why, go to Nova Ren Suma's blog. I explain all.)

My parents surprised me with this amazing print of THE WALLED CITY's original cover.



I then went to Barnes and Noble to get my first proper glimpse of THE WALLED CITY in the wild.

There were a lot of glimpses!! It was all over the store!!


I signed a lot of stock.



It even has ITS OWN STAND. (Am I dreaming? What is this? WHAT IS THIS???)


*hyperventilates*

If you want to get it online, Barnes and Noble has great deals on it.  My local indie, Blue Bicycle Books, is also selling signed copies.

To those of you who have been reading this blog since THE WALLED CITY was a wee "Cutthroat Novel," thanks for sharing the journey with me.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, Ryan. Super congrats. I've been watching your amazing journey from when you were on QT working your query for All That Glows. Way to write!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS! I've been excited about this book since you shared a synopsis on here a while ago, and the Nova Ren Suma post makes it sound even more amazing. That art print is gorgeous, too. Is there anywhere to buy the book with that original cover? I'm excited about getting it regardless of the outside, but I thought I would ask :-). Happy Book of Your Heart Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jillian!

      You actually CAN get a copy with the original cover through Indigo Chapters in Canada. They have a special edition!

      http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/the-walled-city-indigo-special/9780316381987-item.html

      Best,
      Ryan

      Delete