Jan 17, 2013

my newest sidekick

Husband and I just bought our new house a few months ago, and it's seemed a little empty with just the two of us. So, like any good wife, I've been nagging him about getting a puppy. More specifically, a malamute.

In truth, the pleading has been going on pretty much ever since we got married.

Me: Can we get a puppy?

Husband: We don't have a yard. Or money. Puppies cost money.

Me: Please? Please please please please?

Husband: You're going to do this until I cave don't you?

Me: Pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease.

This Christmas I was hopeful. But we were traveling around the country for a while. But lo and behold, the day we came back, Husband went grocery shopping and asked me to help him unload the trunk. I went outside and found this:




Meet Raiden*! He's a part malamute, part wolf pup in his seventh week of life. And he's so cute. And he has eyebrows. *flail*

We've only had him for less than a week, but he's already made himself at home! One of his favorite places in the house is the space between our futon and the wall. He'll have to enjoy it while he can... his dad is apparently 120 lbs. He's going to be a beast of a dog.



He's already been a great writing buddy. He likes to snuggle up under my feet while I type in the afternoons. (And bite too).

I'm in love. And I don't care who knows it!

Brace yourself for a future barrage of puppy pictures.




*I actually stole his name from one of my character in a WIP. The character is not-so-nice, but I loved his name so much that I decided to use it. It's Japanese for "thunder and lightning." Also the name of a character from Street-fighter. Not-so-nice character has since been renamed.

2 comments: