Jun 12, 2012

where i gush about Avengers and certain songs

Happy Tuesday. What have you guys been up to this week?

I finally "finished" CutthroatNovel last Friday. It's sitting pretty at about 82,000 words. It's also snuggling up to some beta readers at the moment and I'm keeping my distance for a bit. This means I have a spot of free time, a spot I've been thoroughly enjoying for the past few days. 


I've also been discovering some wonderful new music and treating myself to a movie or two. Last week husband and I went to see The Avengers (a bit late, yes, but to be fair we've both been a tad busy!). When I first heard it was coming out I must admit I wasn't tugging at the bit to see it. Superhero movies (while good) have a terrible habit of becoming predictable/repetitive.


But-- The Avengers was magic! Really. Joss Whedon captured my loyalties long ago with Firefly and Serenity (only one of the best sci-fi works of all time...), and it was a big selling point for me that he'd written/directed Avengers. It shone through majestically in the movie. There were kickass women. Clever quips. Wonderful inter-character relationships. Fully realized arcs for the wide array of characters (I can't even imagine how much creative coordination that took).


I walked out of that movie theater wanting very badly to be a superhero. Which means, of course, that Joss Whedon did his as per usual fantastic job. Stuff like that makes me want to write for television/movies. Maybe one day.


Let's see. Music. Here's some of the songs I've had on repeat for the last few days:


Hem - Half Acre




Iron and Wine - Boy With A Coin



If you like them, go buy them!! Good music deserves good money (plus I want these wonderful artists making MORE fabulous music).

No comments:

Post a Comment