Jun 19, 2012

A to Z


Remember these? The old questionnaires you filled out and posted on your blogs/Myspace/Facebook? I came across one on Jen Hayley's blog and decided it would be a fun exercise so you guys can get to know me a little better. Me and all of my mortal idiosyncrasies.


Here goes:


A is for age: 25
B is for breakfast today: Cracklin' Oat Bran. I splurged... but it's so good!
C is for currently craving: An overseas adventure. Maybe a tour of South America. Or a few weeks in Iceland. 
D is for dinner tonight: Probably leftovers. Husband is going to an all boys' BBQ. No cooking for me!
E is for favorite type of exercise: I love jogging. It's usually a great time for brainstorming and just stepping away. Plus it helps me fit into my clothes.
F is for an irrational fear: I hate, hate, HATE calling strangers on the phone to make appointments or ask questions about something. This is why I let my hair grow out so much (I don't like calling the salon).
G is for gross food: Cooked raisins. Ugh. It makes me queasy just writing it.
H is for hometown: Charleston, South Carolina.
I is for something important: God. Husband. Family. (Okay, that's three).
J is for current favorite jam: I'm really digging Jenny Dalton right now. I love the piano and strings and drums and yearning female vocals! Colorado Song and Looted Fires are probably my favorites of hers.
K is for kids: Did someone say kids? *hides*
L is for current location: At my desk, watching the infernal fruit flies evade my clever traps.
M is for the most recent way you spent money: I finally finished putting together a photo album of our year in South Korea and ordered it through iPhoto. You know... only two years later.
N is for something you need: I'm pretty un-needy right now. And thankful for it.
O is for occupation: Making up stories and spending hours upon hours typing them. Also, tweeting.
P is for pet peeves: When people slow almost to a stop when turning right. You don't have to stop. You just have to slow. I'm not the most patient driver in the world...
Q is for a quote: "All tales may come true; and yet, at the last, redeemed, they may be as like and unlike the forms that we give them as Man, finally redeemed, will be like and unlike the fallen that we know." -J.R.R. Tolkien, "On Fairy-Stories"
R is for random fact about you: I sang Mass in Notre Dame Cathedral when I was 17.
S is for favorite healthy snack: Pickled beets with feta cheese sprinkled on top.
T is for favorite treat: A Chai latte from my favorite coffee shop.
U is for something that makes you unique: I was a competitive synchronized swimmer for five years.
V is for favorite vegetable: Butternut squash. Or Pumpkin.
W is for today’s workout: Oh yeah... thanks for reminding me. 1 mile walk. 1 mile jog. 10 crunches.
X is for X-rays you’ve had: I sprained my ankle while skipping merrily down my grandmother's hallway when I was in middle school. And I'm sure I've had a bunch of teeth X-rays done at the dentist.
Y is for yesterday’s highlight: Finding ICEE pops at Walmart and reading the Zombies vs Unicorns anthology.
Z is for your time zone: EST. 

4 comments:

  1. Pickled beets, Ryan?! Oh man. That's kryptonite for me. Is that a southern thing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not peculiarly Southern. I've just always loved pickled beets since my first trip to the Ryan's Steakhouse buffet line!

      Delete
  2. Have we talked about synchronized swimming?? I was very serious about it at camp (by serious, I mean was militaristic about pointed toes with my 11 year olds...I'm pretty sure your technique would make my moves look like a dolphin drowning!) That is a very fun fact.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't talk about the synchro years much, but yeah! I had the noseclip and the hair gel and everything!! Really all I can do anymore is ballet leg and eggbeater! I was seriously in the best shape of my life as a synchro swimmer! Abs and all.

      Delete